The Hall, built in 1906–1908, was designed by Richard Plüddemann The author of the interior and the structure concept was Heinrich Küster. In its initial version the construction of a building made of iron trusses was planned. However, just after commencing the construction works, due to the fire protection and economic reasons, the design was changed.
The Hall building is a single-space building, has is established on a rectangular plan with a structure consisting of six parabolic concrete girders with a span of nineteen meters and a height of more than seventeen meters, connected transversely with trussed beams. Wrocław Market Hall was one of the first buildings in Europe, in which a reinforced concrete structure of parabolic arches was used. Heinrich Küster initiated the „triumph of concrete” in the city and he induced more and more interesting solutions and applications of the materials in architectonic construction. Similarly to Max Berg, Küster left concrete in nearly “pure” form, without hiding its texture under a layer of render. Only modest polychrome was applied on the bottom part of the arches, on the edges of trussed beams connecting them, pitched roof beams and in window recesses. Heinrich Küster regretted that it was not possible to introduce reinforced concrete to building elevations, which would obtain a historicizing costume referring to Neo-Gothic. From the outside the building belongs stylistically to the period of the end of the 19th century, while the interior represented modern functionalistic architecture of the 20th century.